You have a birthday every year, why stick to the same old frosting flavors?
Check out these sweet treats that take cookies and candy bars and turn them into creamy cake-topping goodness!
3 Musketeers Frosting
Fluffy, chocolatey, and twisted with delicate nougat – this frosting takes the cake!
- 15 oz. 3 Musketeers Bars (either mini or chopped)
- 1 cup Marshmallow Fluff
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- Mix Marshmallow Fluff andButter for about 1 minute, until smooth
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt the 3 Musketeers candy bars to a thick consistency similar to Marshmallow Fluff
- Add the melted 3 Musketeers bars to the Butter/Fluff mixture. Beat for 1-2 minutes until evenly mixed.
- Continue beating mixture at low speed while adding Powdered Sugar and Milk.
- Beat at medium speed until smooth
- Spread over your cake!
Cookie Dough Frosting
Taking a cheat day favorite – cookie dough – and combining it with cake? It’s almost too indulgent. Almost.
- 1 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. McCormick vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. salt
- 16 tbsp. 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet miniature chocolate chips
- Beat Brown Sugar and butter at medium speed until smooth and creamy
- Add Flour, Vanilla, and Salt into creamed Butter until fully combined
- With mixer on low speed, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until fully mixed
- Remove bowl from mixer and add mini chocolate chips, stir by hand
- Cookie-fy your cake!
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Frosting
You got chocolate in my peanut butter… You got peanut butter in my chocolate… Let’s make frosting!
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, crushed
- Beat Butter on medium speed until it is lighter in color and fluffy
- Slowly add the Cocoa Powder and beat it into the Butter
- Add the Vanilla Extract and continue beating until its mixed completely in
- Add Powered Sugar one cup at a time, beating on medium-low speed until incorporated
- As the frosting starts to thicken, add the Heavy Whipping Cream and increase the mixing speed to medium-high
- Continuing beating for 2-3 minutes; this will help the frosting to be smoother and creamier
- Use a food processor to grind the Mini Peanut Butter Cups into small pieces
- Add crushed Peanut Butter Cups to frosting and mix and stir
- Candy your Cake!
Oreo Cream Cheese Frosting
Cookies and Cream is a classic… let’s upgrade it to Cookies and Cream CHEESE!
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 2 Tbs. Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 3 1/2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 16 finely crushed Oreo cookies
- Stir Cream Cheese, Butter, salt and Vanilla together until smooth
- Gradually add Powdered Sugar and beat until combined
- Crush 12 Oreos in a food processor to a fine consistency
- Add 12 finely crushed Oreos to the cream cheese frosting mixture and beat until fully mixed
- Crush 4 more Oreos and use them as a crunchy cake topping!
Enjoyed these Birthday Cake upgrades? There are more ways to take your celebration to the next level – like booking your birthday party at Mulligan here.